Friday, June 26, 2009

Pica pica

Today I was offered the opportunity to make salsa the way the Inca´s did hundreds of years ago. I`ve uploaded part one of the three part series where I hang out on the roof of a local restaurant next to a chicken coup grinding up some peppers. I`m in Huancayo now and am hanging out waiting to go out to dinner with a few of the interns from Pasco who I haven´t met yet.

Learn to make salsa Inca style here: PICA PICA

I´m certainly no Anthony Bourdain, but I`ll keep practicing.

Still to come, bizzare foods: I long to find guniea pig down here, I hear it is very popular and I´ll be trying to get my first few bites on video in the coming weeks.

3 day weekend, we have Monday off for the national recognition off for the day of the worker. My props to them. Teaching is exhausting.

No comments: