Friday, July 31, 2009

Huancayo (where did you go)?

Claire and I did the tourist circuit in Cusco and Macchu Picchu and returned to the location of my internship, the incomparable Huancayo. It´s good to be back in a town that isn´t completely oversaturated by white people asking ¨CUANTO CUESTO?¨. Last night we visited David and Pilar´s restaurant in Sapallanga and gave the both of them and their adorable daughter the shoes that Claire and her sister purchased in Oregon. It was very nice to give back to the family that was so hospitable during my first three weeks at the school in Miraflores. Claire and I head to the wedding celebration of David´s brother this evening and head back to Lima tomorrow afternoon to see her off at the airport.

The blog is close to retirement, I have been on the move so much over the past few weeks that updating ( i.e. finding a reliable internet connection) has become a challenge. I hope to catch a night bus either tomorrow or Sunday for Mancora a beach community about 2 hours south of Ecuador to sip Pisco Sours and soak up the sun during my last week here. Thanks everyone for following and I´ll do what I can to at least post a picture or a few more words about my trip. Also, don´t forget to follow the twitter feed in the top left corner, I´ve posted a few photos via tweetpic there.

Sad to leave Peru but excited to return and see friends and family back in the Pacific North BEST.

No comments: