Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Images from Chilca








While the interns have no idea what happens next, (swine flu means no more school, but perhaps we will train teachers or members of the local education department whose accroynm is UGEL but I prefer to refer to them as OHELL) Becky and I do know that today was our last day with the kids from Chilca. Above are a few pictures with the students and in the classroom. The third photo captures me striking an attempted replication of the ever creepy mannequins of Peru. These chaps adorn the front of an apparel outlet next to our 1 star hotel. If dodging pickpockets smelly meat and dried goat heads isn´t enough I am greeted every evening by by a one eyed male mannequin and his female counterpart with a stringed noose around her neck. Oh, Huancayo.


While I have had a few bouts of homesickness I am having a great time. It's sad though, that the students of our second school won't have the opportunity to learn as much about the XO as the students of Miraflores. We did what we could with the 6 class days we spent with the kids of Chilca.

As soon as I have some clue as to where and what the interns of Junin will be doing next I will post an update.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Latin America... where all our old creepy mannequins go to die. *shudder*